- Prepare tea: Steep 3 tablespoons of Thai tea leaves with 1 cup of boiling water. Use cloth or paper filter for best results.
- In a heat safe jar, add the condensed milk, sugar, evaporated milk, and salt. Pour the hot tea into the jar and mix well. The tea mixture should be slightly sweeter than desired, as it will be diluted when poured into the shaved ice.
- Set tea aside and allow to cool completely.
- Prepare shaved ice: Add approximately 32 large ice cubes from your freezer and lock lid.
- Press ON and catch light fluffy snow in your serving bowl. LED lights illuminate when the unit is in use. Use the shaper to compact the snow.
- Slowly pour the cooled tea mixture onto the ice until fully absorbed. Pour directly from the jar or use squeeze bottle for more precise pouring.
- Top the shaved ice with whipped cream, your favorite ready-made tapioca pearls, and slivered almonds.
If you are unable to find Thai tea, substitute with regular black tea, add a splash of vanilla, and two drops of orange food coloring.